The Governance is a continuing process. It does not automatically improve overtime. It needs constant tending. Citizen’s need demand good governance with their enhanced ability. Government needs to prove its responsiveness to these demands. The test of good governance lies in the constant increasing demands from Citizen and the remodeling and revision of the governance to meet these demands. The good governance shall aim at improving the quality of the public services to the satisfaction of the citizen and result into empowerment of Citizens in a democratic set up.
- Pursuit of Excellence in governance for the benefit of all citizens and to ensure that the Citizens get the responsive, accountable, and transparent administration.
- To provide an additional platform to the individual citizen to raise his grievance against the poor service or no service given to him from the Government Department/Organization and to obtain a quick re-dress of his grievance.
- To assist the citizen to approach the appropriate forum according to his need or the nature and type of services he desires.
- To provide specific information to the citizen regarding the various Government organizations and the services provided by them to the citizen.
- To co-ordinate with the various Government Organizations with whom the citizen has the grievance.
- To invite suggestions from the citizens regarding the improvement in the quality and efficiency of Government services and accordingly to recommend the appropriate measures to the concerned Government Organizations.
- To monitor the quick disposal of public grievances by the various Government Organizations.
- Promoting citizen-friendly and citizen-centric Governance.
- To attend to the public Grievances meetings/Darbars called by the Hon’ble Chief Minister and to process the petitions received by the Chief Minister.
- To attend the tours/field visits conducted by the Hon’ble Chief Minister at the taluka level.
- To process and pursue the letters/references send by the office of the Hon’ble Chief Minister pertaining to any Public Grievances.
- To scan newspaper and electronic media reports regarding any complaints/malfunctioning of any public office/departments and to call for clarificatory reports from concerned departments for the perusal of the Hon’ble Chief Minister. Such clippings shall be put up to the Chief Minister’s Office for necessary directions/instructions.
- To pursue any reference regarding Public Grievance received from Hon’ble Governor, Government of Goa, Ministers, V.I.P’s or any constitutional authority in State or any Central Ministers or any Central Organization.
- To pursue any petition of public grievances received from any resident of Goa concerning any departments of Central Government and to pursue the matter with concerned Departments.